CHAPTER – V
SCHEME OF AWARD TO SCHOOL TEACHERS
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY OF TEACHERS FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THE AWARDS
5 .1 TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
5.1 .1 Teachers with at least 15 years regular teaching experience and Headmasters/Principals with 20 years of regular teaching and administrative experience and who are actually working as Teachers/Headmasters/Principals in Govt. Primary/Middle/High/Senior Sec. Schools only shall be considered. Any experience attained in foreign services will not be counted.
5.1 .2 Normally retired teachers are not eligible for the award but those teachers, who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. up to 30th April) in the year to which Award relates, may be considered if they fulfil all other conditions. The service rendered on re- employment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as
eligible service. Teachers whose names were recommended last year or before,can be considered again if they are still otherwise eligible.
5.1.3 Educational Administrators, BEEO’s, Dy. Director’s etc. and the staff of training colleges are not eligible for these awards.
5.1.4 Only those teachers having requisite teaching experience as mentioned at Sr. No.1 above, on 31st December of the preceding Year are eligible.
5.1.5 All teachers holding non-teaching jobs in the Department of Education are not eligible for the award.
5.2 Main Consideration that should guide the selection of teachers at various level
5.2.1 Teachers reputation in the local community:
5.2.2 His academic efficiency and desire for the improvement.
5.2.3 His genuine interest and love for children and
5.2.4 His involvement in the social life of the community.
5.3 Procedure for Selection
5.3.1 The initial selection shall be made by the District Level Committee from amongst the names recommended by BEEOs/Headmasters/Principals. No Teachers shall be asked or permitted to apply for the award. The name shall be recommended by the BEEOs/Headmasters/Principals on the basis of the Teacher’s record of work. The District Selection Committee shall scrutinize and forward the recommendations received from schools to the Directorate of Elementary Education, at least two names from each category with 50% marks. The Directorate Level Committee shall compile/scrutinize and forward the same to the State Level Committee. The final selection will be made by State Govt.
5.4 District/Directorate/State Level Committee will consist of the following members:
5.4.1 District Level Committee:
|1)||Dy. Director Hr. Education :||Convener|
|2)||Dy. Director Ele. Education :||Member|
|3)||National/State Awardee from the district|
|retired or in-service teacher to be co-opted by|
|the Dy.Director Ele. Education from|
|the Primary teacher or Elementary teacher :||Member|
|4)||National/State Awardee from the District ,|
|retired or in-service teacher to be co-opted by|
|the Dy. Director Hr. Education from|
|the Secondary and Sr. Sec. teachers. :||Member|
5.4.2 Directorate Level Committee:
1) Additional /Jt. Director Elementary : Chairman
5.4.3 State Level Committee:
1) Seceretary Education
2) Director Hr. Education : Member
3) Director Ele. Education : Member
4) Field Advisor NCERT/Nominee GOI : Member
5) Principal of Trg. College or SCERT to be
Nominated by the Secretary Education : Member
6) Addl/Jt/Dy Director, Elem edu : Member Secretary
5.4.4 Each state awardee will receive a cash award of Rs. 40,000/- , Silver medal,Himachali Cap/ Scarf, Shawl, Books ,Citation and Certificate.
Each National Awardee will receive a cash award of Rs, 60,000/-, Shawl, Himachali Cap/ /Scarf, Books.
5.4.5 Combined list will be prepared by the State Selection Committee and names for the National, State Award respectively will be placed in order of merit.
5.4.6 For National Award, number of awards/category of teachers will be determined by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
5.4.7 For the State Award, the number of awards and category of teachers will be as under:
|6)||C & V||
NB: Each district will recommend at least two names from each category of teachers as mentioned above.
5.5 Parameters for judging the inter-se-merit of teachers for the award
The following parameters shall be taken into consideration while judging the inter-se-merit of teachers for the award:
PART – A
1. In the case of Elementary School Teachers, what concrete steps has the teacher taken to increase enrolment in the school and avoid drop-outs? Give District to show the progress made in achieving Universalisation of Elementary Education. In the case of Secondary School teachers, what has been the drop-out rate in the school at the secondary level during the last five years? What steps have the teacher taken to avoid dropouts? In this regard, documentary proof duly certified by the Head of the institution or BEEO will be taken into account for awarding the marks.
2. What have been the teacher’s class results in Board Examinations? Give the percentage of pass and first divisions in the class/subject of the teacher for the last five years.
1) 10 marks shall be awarded to the teacher if ten students and more obtained distinction / 75 marks or grade 3.7 or above in the annual examination of the preceding five years. If nine students secured 75 marks / grade 3.7 or above then teacher will be awarded 9 marks and so on.
2) 10 marks shall be awarded to the teacher if his results of the annual / board classes examinations were 100% during the last five years. If the results of teachers were 90% during the last five years, he/she will be awarded 9 marks and if the results were 85% then he / she will be awarded 8.5 marks respectively and so on. Teachers whose results remained 50% or less in any year during the last five years, will not be considered for the award.
marks will be given for performance of students in competitive / entrance examinations. For example if five or more students are selected in any competitive examination, then the teacher will be awarded 10 marks and if four students are selected then teacher will be awarded 8 marks and so on.
(Note: Documentary proof duly certified by the Head of the Institution or
BEEO) will be taken into account for awarding marks. (30 marks)
3 Has the teacher mobilized quantifiable community resources for the physical development of school? If so, give details with documentary proof duly certified by the Head of the institution.
4 Indicate the number of indiscipline cases, if any, in the class/school during the last five years. For nil case of indiscipline will be awarded 5 marks and for one case, 4 marks will be awarded and so on.
6 Has the teacher undertaken any specific activities for promoting National
Integration? Give details.
7 The following information may specifically be given:
1) Does he /she indulge in tuitions?
2) Does he/she indulge in political/trade union activities?
3) Is he/she in the habit of submitting complaints and indulging in litigation?
4) Is he/she punctual?
NB: 60% weightage may be given to the above information while finalizing the recommendations.
1. Has the teacher undertaken any innovative experiment for greater impact of his/her teaching on the students? Give a brief note.
2. What are the types of teaching aids, including mass media, used by the teacher to make classroom instructions more interesting?
3. Does the teacher give any special attention and assistance to the gifted and weaker students? If so, give details. ` (2 marks)
4. Has the teacher participated in any in-service training programmes, workshops etc.? If so, give details of the last five years. ( 3 marks)
5. Does the teacher take active interest in organizing co-curricular or extracurricular activities in the schools? If so, give details. ( 8 marks)
6. Has the teacher written any article, text books etc.? If so, give details. (3 marks)
7. Has the teacher received any recognition, award or prize from the school, community or Government during the last 10 years? If so, give particulars.
8. Any other significant achievement not mentioned above. ( 2 marks)
NB: 30 % weightage may be given to the above information while finalizing the recommendations i.e. PART-B.
Remarks about the teacher based on the assessment of his/her superior:
1. Does the teacher command respect among the students?
2. Is he/she able to maintain discipline among the students?
3. Does the teacher maintain cordial relations with his/her fellow teachers and other?
4. Is he/she held in high esteem by the community, particularly the parents?
5. What is the extent of participation of the teacher in activities of School
Management Committee, etc., if any?
6. General assessment by the Head of the Institution.
7. General assessment by the Dy. Director of Education.
NB: 10 % weightage may be given to the above information while finalizing the recommendation i.e. PART-C. All the points viz 15 to 19 will carry equal weightage.
Remarks/recommendations of the Distt. Committee
5.5.1 Enclosures to be submitted along with the application (in duplicate)
1. Prescribed Proforma duly filled in and complete in all respect:
2. Certificate- regarding clean record of service and flawless antecedents and that no inquiries or legal proceeding, departmental or otherwise, are pending against the teacher.
3. Copies of ACRs for the last five years.
4. Results of the last five years as per column 16.
5. Copy of Service book in support of teaching experience only of Govt. schools where the teacher has served.
6. Copies of degree/ diploma/certificates in support of Academic
Qualifications and date of birth.
7. One passport size photograph in a separate envelope duly attested on back side by Head of the Institution. The photograph should not be defaced.
NOTE: – 1. All the above documents are to be sent in duplicate.
2. Each application must be placed in a separate file cover, Name of the teacher; category and name of the school should also be indicated.
Proforma for recommending a teacher for National/State Award
Please Note: – Two passport size photographs duly attested by the
Head of the institution,to be submitted in separate envelope. The photograph should not be defaced in any way.
Part A, B, and C are to be filled in by the Princiapl/Head of the School in case of a teacher and by the Dy Director in case of Headmaster/Principal, of the school from source such as Teacher’s Diary, records of inspection, record kept by the Principal, examination results of the Schools, confidential reports and service books etc. of the teachers. Particulars of the Teacher/Headmaster/Principal
1. Name ( in Block Letters):
2. Sex with marital status
& no. of children
Space for affixing Passport Size photograph
3. Designation & school address
With PIN code number, Telephone
4. Complete Residential address with
PIN code number & Telephone number
5. Complete Permanent address with PIN Code
6. Whether the school is Primary, Upper-Primary, High/ Sr. Secondary.
7. District: :
8. State: :
9. Date of Birth: – :
10. Present age:- :
11. Date of superannuation :
12. If superannuated, please clarify whether extension is given by the competent authority with supporting documents:
13. Academic Qualifications
|Year||% of marks
Primary/Upper Primary/High/ Senior Secondary
Service with Designation (Exact date to be indicated)
14. Total Service with date of joining as teacher (in Govt. schools only)
|Total Service||Years||Months||Date of joining as
teacher in Govt. Schools only.
15. Experience (mention teaching Experience of Govt. Schools only)
Teaching experience of Govt. Schools only has to be given, the
Head of the Institution should certify where the teacher has served
( Please attached photocopy of service book in support of service record)
1. What have been the teacher’s Class results in Board/School Examination?
Give the Percentage of pass and grade-wise position A1, A2, B1, B2……, in the years). Use additional sheet, if required.
|Pass % of|
2. Has the teacher mobilized any quantifiable community resourses for the physical development of the school ? If So, give details.
3 The following information may specifically be given:
1) Does he/she indulge in tuition?
2) Is he /she in the habit of submitting complaints and indulging in litigation?
3) Does he/she indulge in political/trade Union activities?
4) Is he/she punctual?
4. Has the teacher under taken any innovative experiment for great impact of his/her teaching on the students? Give a brief note. Give brief resume of any experimentation in the following areas;
1) Class room instructions.
2) Laboratory/library work.
3) Assessment and evaluation
4) Administrative work
4 Which teaching learning practices have been adopted and what are the type of teaching aids, including mass media, used by the teacher to make classroom instruction more interesting?
6 Does the teacher give any special attention and assistance to gifted and weak students? If so, give details
7 Has the teacher participated in any in – service training programme, workshops, etc. or acted as Resource person? If so, give details of the last five years:
8 Has the teacher carried out any functional research in the pedagogy and attained visible improvement in the performance of students? (Attach abstracts)
9 Does the teacher take active interest in organizing co-curricular or extra co- curricular activities in the school? Give details (NCC, Scouts and Guides, Sports etc.)
10 Has the teacher written any articles, text-books etc.? If so, give details:
11 Has the teacher received any recognition, award or prize from the school, community or Government during the last 10 years? If so, give particulars:
12 Any other significant achievement not mentioned above
13 Whether teacher served in hard/tribal area for five years? In case teacher belongs to hard/tribal area, the distance should be 50 KM from his/her home town.
PART – C
2) Remarks about the Teacher based on the assessment of the Head of Institution:
3) Does the teacher command respect among the students?
4) Is he/she able to maintain discipline among the students?
5) Does the teacher maintain cordial relations with his fellow teachers and others?
6) Is he held in high esteem by the community, particularly the parents?
7) What is the extent of participation of the teacher in activites of parent association etc., if any?
8) General overall assessment by the Head of the Institution :
9) BEEOs / Headmaster / Principal of the School(in case of a teacher)
10) Dy. Director
(In case of Headmaster / Prinicipal)
Tel. No: Office Residence
42. General assessment by the Deputy Director of Schools of the Distt. Concerned.
(Signature with stamp) Name:
Remarks / Recommendation of the Distt. Committee
Chairman Distt. Committee